TPSODL prepared for the upcoming monsoon season
Berhampur, 07 July, 2022: TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited (TPSODL), the joint venture between Tata Power and Odisha Government for power distribution in Southern Odisha, has announced a number of initiatives taken by them to meet any exigency, during the upcoming monsoon season. The company has introduced proactive measures for ensuring a seamless power supply within the region.
TPSODL’s Power Supply Control System (PSCC) at Berhampur is fully equipped to provide electricity 24*7. As a major backup solution, TPSODL has deployed mobile substations to provide electricity during emergencies.
Some of the other key steps taken by the company include:
· Satellite phones’ connectivity across all circles, PSCC (Power Supply Control System), and CEO office
· Safety preparedness of TPSODL Business Associates (BAs) for a safe work environment during monsoon
· Priority accorded for reliable supply to Feeders supplying power to Hospitals, Community health centres, Public health centres, etc.
· To ensure adequate manpower and vehicles availability 24X7 for maintenance and breakdown
· To ensure availability of Power Transformer, Distribution Transformer, Poles, line hardware, and LT ABC at stores including transient stores
· Strengthened Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) and Fuse Call Centres (FCC) team on a temporary basis in urban areas and sections having vast geographical areas
· To ensure heavy-duty torches at Section office and Aska (Portable Gen Set) lights at Circle & Division level as another step towards full preparedness
· Provision of reserve manpower, Tools and Plants (T&P’s), Crane, Hydra, and Pole Master with existing Business Associates for exigency
In addition to this, the company has also ensured that resources are enhanced at 24x7 Call Centre (Toll free no: 1912 /1800 3456 797) to respond to calls from consumers for timely action in case of emergencies. Customers can also raise their concerns on any issue via My Tata Power Mobile App or can also email at email@example.com
“With the upcoming monsoon season safety is the top priority for all of us. Our team has taken proactive steps to strengthen our network and avoid any untoward electricity-related accidents. We are regularly conducting inspections and are committed to provide reliable power supply to our customers” said Mr. Arvind Singh, Chief Executive Officer, TP Southern Odisha Distribution Ltd.
TPSODL’s safety guidelines to the consumers:
· Stay away from water-logged electrical installations such as electricity poles, substations, transformers, streetlights, etc.
· Caution children from playing near electricity installations, even if they are barricaded/ fenced
· Do not touch electrical appliances with wet hands
· Check your electrical appliances like cooler bodies, washing machines, water pump etc. for any leakage current. Call a certified electrician if any leakage is found in any appliance
· Ensure the meter box is adequately protected from water
· Use ISI-marked electrical wires and equipment
· Install earth leakage circuit breaker (ELCB) to prevent shocks